Friday, June 27, 2014

This week...


For the last couple of weeks I've been locked away in the deep, dark, comforting solitude of an art cave.  It's sort of strange and wonderful how creative slumps are sometimes followed by a torrent of ideas and inspiration. 

I'm busy getting ready for the SCBWI Summer Conference and have been putting the finishing touches on Baby Love (written by Angela DiTerlizzi, published by Beach Lane Books), which will come out next spring. 

What kinds of art things have you been up to lately?  I'd love to hear! 

Also, I was interviewed by the lovely folks at KidLit 411.  You can read the interview here.

5 comments:

  1. Hooray for you, O Talented One! Hope you enjoy SCBWI LA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your work looks more beautiful each time I see it - congrats on the new book!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your work! I found you on "7 Impossible Things Before Breakfast" and I am totally enchanted by how delicate and sweet (and witty!) your illustrations are. I wish I could draw the way you do - but I will leave that to the master of her art and simply admire from afar. :)

    p.s. I love that you show scale and process. LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete